Saturday, September 7, 2013

Introduction


My name is Krystal Gray and I teach at Nicholas County Elementary School in Carlisle, KY where I was born and raised. I am a big blue UK fan all the way and can’t wait for basketball season to start! I have been married for a little over a year now and I am still trying to get used to being Mrs. Gray. J Our only child is a miniature Schnauzer named Transy.

I attended Transylvania University in Lexington, KY where I received my Bachelor of Arts degree in elementary education. I taught Kindergarten for four years and enjoyed every minute! There is just something about that age level and their enthusiasm about school and learning. I am currently teaching third grade and have discovered that I really enjoy it as well and truly enjoy being blessed with some of my former Kindergarten students.

I love to read to my students and encourage each of them to have a love of reading. I have found that even in 3rd grade, students still love to gather at the carpet and listen to a story. I enjoy children’s and young adult literature more than any adult novel I have ever tried reading. I am looking forward to all the books and resources this class will expose me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment